Friday 1 January 2010

Thank God That's Over!!!!

Well, the 2009 University of Tennessee football season has come to an end with a drubbing at the hands of none other than the Hokie-neck himself, Frank Beamer. The Vols seemed to be interested in playing during the 1st half, but in the second half, they were completely out-classed. It was really difficult to watch. Jon Crompton will no longer walk the hallowed halls of Gibbs Hall (thank god), and we'll have a brand new QB starting in the spring. But in all fairness to Crompton, he did about as much as he could last night. I mean, when you hit a receiver, full stride, and he drops the damn ball......well.....I think you know how I feel about that issue. The O-line didn't protect Crompton worth a crap last night. We didn't punt worth a damn, and only got to Tyrod once or twice the entire game. I'm just really glad that I can blog about Bruce and the round-ball fellas for a little while. THEY didn't d too much other than end Memphis' 23-game home winning streak. (Kiffy has miles to go before he can carry Bruce's jock strap!) So look forward to some insight 9whatever THAT'S worth) on the basketball Vols coming soon.

Here's wishing all my followers (all 7 of you!!) a very Happy New Year. 2009 was pretty good for me, but I'm hoping that 2010 is a whole lot better.