Thursday 26 August 2010

Just Some Random Thoughts on Sports This Week

Headline in today's USA Today sports section: "Tiger fires 6-under 65 at Barclays; best round of the year." Hmmmm let's see now, Eldrick got divorced yesterday and shoots his best score all year today. Coincidence? I think not! He should've left that hag years ago if this is the result. You know Golf Chanel, ESPN, ABC, NBC, and CBS are happy he's divorced. They finally have something current to talk about.

Pitching great Roger Clemons will be arraigned in Washington, D.C. Monday on charges that he lied to Congress about his use of steroids. If you've been following this story at all, Roger is either the dumbest man on planet earth, or he's truly never done steriods. I suppose it's possible he's both.

The Colorado Rockies came from 9 runs down to beat the hated Atlanta Braves. (This is n't really anything huge, I just hate the Braves)

Jim Furyk, a top-10 golfer in the world was disqualified from this week's Barclays Open after oversleeping and missing his tee time for the pro-am on Monday. What the hell Jim! You're a professional golfer! Don't you have people to wake you up in the morning? I'm a big Furyk fan, but this one's squarely on him.

Darrelle Revis wants a new contract or he's going to take his toys and go home.....
OK

UFC It's boxing vs. MMA as James "Lights Out" Toney fights Randy "The Natural" Coulture in a fight that all of MMA has been witing for. Now for transparancy, I hate James Toney; always have. I've been a fight fan for most of my life and I can honestly say that I cannot stand that dude. I think Toney will land some shots, but it won't be enough as The Natural takes him down and grounds him into hamburger. Lights out, James!