Friday 18 September 2009

An Early Funeral

Well....for the sake of good sportsmanship, I'm going to post this week's U.T. game day blog one day early. The reason for this is because I don't want to pile on the fellas after tomorrow's bitch slap at Florida. And make no mistake about it, that's precisely what they're going to get approximately 20 minutes after kick-off.....smacked around like a nasty crack whore. My beloved Vols are 28-point underdogs to Superman and his Justice League of fellow superheroes. I really do admire the Vols for going into The Swamp and taking their ass-kicking like men, especially after Coach Kiffin poked the sleeping bear (Urban Meyer) too many times with his verbal jabs for the sake of gaining U.T. face time on ESPN and headlines in the News Sentinel. I'm sure that it seemed worth it at the time.....but that was 8 long months ago and everybody thought that it was great and awesome that we finally had a coach that would run a little smack and not just stand on the sidelines and clap his hands. I'm one of those people....the only problem is when you run smack, you HAVE to be able to back it up or you just look like a jackass. I do believe, in time, that the Vols will be able to talk shit and back it up, but that time ain't right now. I was talking to my Dad yesterday and I told him that if U.T. gets within 21 points of Florida tomorrow, it would be a moral victory. The defense will keep us in the game for the first half, just like they have done for the past 20 years. But at the end of the day, we'll have to score some points, because UF is going to score them by the truckload! Oh....wait....I forgot that our QB has paranoid schizophrenia. My bad! Well, here's you ya' Big Orange, head south, take your ass kicking, get home safely and let's get ready to beat the hell outta' Ohio University!!! Go Nick Stephens!

P.S. I will STILL have a thing or two to say about the game after it's over. I was just bullshittin' about that whole "good sportsmanship" thing